Makawao Third Friday Town Party: “Cool Summer Nights”
Makawao, Maui, Hawaii – Relax in an Upcountry “Cool Summer Night” at Makawao 3rd Friday town party, July 20th from 6-9 PM in Historic Makawao Town. Baldwin Avenue is closed from the top of Makawao Avenue down to Brewer Street, where guests joining our M3F block party may enjoy exciting entertainment, good eats on the street with lots of food trucks, arts and crafts, and the Komoda Bakery Keiki Zone delighting kids young and old. With plenty of great local shopping and restaurants, this rain or shine FREE community event is a great time for everyone!
LIVE MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT
- Makawao 3rd Friday welcomes theSouthern Rock, Texas Blues and Country Musical renderings of Southbound who will perform on our main stage (next to Rodeo General store). Dance to the Upcountry rock flavor of “Southbound” with Rick Martinelli on bass, Steve Edwards on drums, and Alan Stevens on guitar.
- Our favorite acoustic guitarist and M3F relic Josh will be playing to the rhythms of old school, to new school hits, in the Maui Hands lot across from Casanova’s on Makawao Avenue.
- Classical musical renderings with pianist/guitarist Timmy Hogan performing on the Sherri Reeve Gallery lanai.
- You won’t want to miss the delightful “Joyous Evolution” and their inspirational songs with guitar, congas and flute accompanying Sandia’s vocals.
KOMODA BAKERY LOT “KEIKI ZONE”
- Not just for kids! We are excited to continue our Komoda Keiki zone this month with the Maui Spider Jump! Hop on for an exhilarating, and unique experience!
- More for the Keiki — Crystalline with her fantastic balloon twisting creations, Melissa Buck of Rainbow Art and her one-of-a-kind creative face painting, and Hawaii Dino’s life like T- Rex, an encounter and experience to remember for the whole family!
CONTINUING DOWN BALDWIN AVE
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club will be showing off their hot rods, muscle cars, and vintage machines at the top of Baldwin Avenue to the bottom by Brewer Road. Guests can talk story with some of Maui’s coolest car owners, aunties, uncles and Makawao historians.
- Come & visit our MMA & M3F information booth at the top of Baldwin Avenue. It’s a place where friendly volunteers can answer questions, view our vendor map, get help with lost & found, and purchase our awesome Makawao Town t-shirts and totes.
M3F FOOD COURT & RESTAURANTS:
Guests may join us for dinner at one of our many award-winning Makawao Restaurants or enjoy our pop-up food court along Baldwin Avenue. Lots of new vendors are joining our regular M3Fs adding a variety of great eats and treats.
MAHALO TO OUR “RAISE A TENT CAMPAIGN” SPONSORS
Janet, Peter & Shawn Naramore of Antique Boutique; John Eckhart, of Maui Master Jewelers; HMSA; Georgianna Tamayose of Island Sotheby’s; Giovanni Cappelli of Casanova Restaurant & Deli; Sunny Jordan; Scott Pendergast; and Jennie Spenser of Collections Maui.
MAHALO TO OUR DONORS AND SPONSORS:
A big Mahalo to the Office of Economic Development, County of Maui, and HMSA. Makawao Merchants Association is grateful for the Makawao Merchants who continue to support their M3F community event. If you are interested in giving back to your community and participating in an exciting monthly event, please visit www.makawaomerchants.org to discover sponsorship opportunities and to donate.
Come and join us to dance, eat, play with the Keiki, meet old friends, make new friends, create great memories, and have a fabulous time!
M3F: EVENT ITINERARY
MAIN STAGE (located next to Rodeo General Store)
TOP OF MAKAWAO AVE & BALDWIN AVE
- M3F Information Booth
- Keiki Zone
BALDWIN AVENUE to BREWER ROAD
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club
SHERRI REEVE GALLERY
- Timmy Hogan
MAUI HANDS GALLERY LOT (located across Casanova)
- Acoustic guitarist, Josh
- Joyous Evolution
FREE PARKING IS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Makawao Municipal Parking Lot on Makawao Avenue (next to library)
- Makawao Base yard (Across from St. Joseph’s Church)
- 2 Parking lots on Brewer Road