Makawao Third Friday: “Rad Like Dad”
Makawao, Maui, Hawaii – Join us Friday, June 16, 2017 as we celebrate Father’s Day with the theme “Rad Like Dad” from 6-9pm in Makawao. Visitors can enjoy free entertainment, food trucks and booths, art and crafts, the Keiki Zone and plenty of great local shopping and restaurants. This is a rain or shine FREE community event.
LIVE MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT:
- MMA is excited to feature the Haiku Hillbillys to our main stage next to Rodeo General Store. The Haiku Hillbillys will have your toes tappin’ and boots stompin’ with their unique brand of ‘Funky Groovin’ Poetic Folk music.
- Maui’s favorite MC extraordinaire, Kathy “Tita” Collins will be joining our main stage for our M3F town party. She is fantastic at setting the tone and will be announcing other features of the event before and during the band break, and adding good cheer and laughter to the party!
- Maui Hands Art Gallery lot across from Casanova’s will have a live performance with songster Josh playing his acoustic guitar to the rhythms of old school to new school hits.
- The Get Up and Dance troupe will be boogying down with their entertaining street line dancing at the top of Baldwin Avenue. Join in the fun and get your moves on!
KOMODA BAKERY KEIKI ZONE:
- Not just for kids! We are excited to continue our Komoda keiki zone this month featuring the MAUI SPIDER JUMP! Hop on the spider jump for an extra-ordinary, exhilarating and unique experience!
- Crystalline with her fantastic balloon twisting creations, Melissa Buck of Rainbow Art and her one-of-a-kind creative face painting, also some hula hooping and lots of big and tiny bubbles for big and tiny people!
NEW TO THE BLOCK PARTY:
- Live music is happening on the street at the Makawao Steak House, and their pop-up tent will be serving some yummy burgers and tater tots.
- Sip Me will have outside bistro style seating available and serving up “Affogato-bout it” which is a tasty moist brownie topped with Gelato from Ono Gelato, with espresso shot will be sure to keep you dancing all night.
MORE EXCITING HIGHLIGHTS:
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club will be showing off their hot rods, muscle cars, and vintage machines at the top of Baldwin Avenue and bottom by Brewer Road. Guests can talk story with some of Maui’s coolest car owners.
- Artists Max Ross, mixed media artist and Dylan Kauz, live painter, spray can artist, and community muralist, will be painting and showcasing their amazing art next to the mainstage.
SILENT AUCTIONS AND STORE SPECIALS: Maui Hands Art Gallery presents their featured resident artist this month is Willow Norris. Drawing from her past experience with aquatinting, scraping and burnishing, and incorporating the use of fine pigmented wax, her paintings are truly mixed media.
M3F FOOD COURT & RESTAURANTS: Guests may join us for dinner at one of our many award winning Makawao Restaurants or enjoy our pop up food court along Baldwin Avenue. New vendors are joining our regulars adding a variety of great new eats and treats.
FREE PARKING IS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Makawao Base Yard (Across from St. Joseph’s Church)
- 2 Parking lots on Brewer Road
- Makawao Municipal Parking Lot on Makawao Avenue
MAHALO TO OUR DONORS AND SPONSORS: A big Mahalo to our official event sponsor, HMSA and to the Office of Economic Development, County of Maui and our merchant donors: Casanova Restaurant, Polli’s Mexican Restaurant, Maui Hands Gallery, Sherri Reeve Gallery, Fleur De Lei, Gecko Trading and Stop Watch.
If you are interested in giving back to your community and participating in an exciting monthly event, please contact us at www.makawaomerchants.org.
M3F: Event Itinerary
MAIN STAGE (located next to Rodeo General Store)
- Haiku Hillbillys
- Kathy “Tita” Collins, MC
MAUI HANDS GALLERY LOT (located across Casanova’s)
- Guitarist, Josh
CORNER OF MAKAWAO AVE & BALDWIN AVE
- Get Up & Dance Troupe
KOMODA PARKING LOT
- Maui Spider Jump & keiki activities
MAKAWAO STEAK HOUSE
- Live music and pop up
- Bistro seating
BALDWIN AVENUE / BREWER ROAD
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club