Makawao Third Friday: Grad Nite Galore
Makawao, Maui, Hawaii – Join us Friday, May 19, 2017 as we kick off graduation weekend and congratulating the Class of 2017 with the theme “Grad Nite Galore: Kicking it Old School” from 6-9pm. Makawao visitors can enjoy free entertainment, food trucks and booths, art and crafts, and plenty of great local shopping and restaurants. This is a rain or shine FREE community event.
LIVE MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT: MMA is excited to feature HOT APPLE PIE to our main stage next to Rodeo General Store, mixing it up with classic R&B, Motown and Rock to make a great nostalgic dance experience.
- Maui Hands Art Gallery lot across from Casanova’s will have a live performance by the girls from the Makawao Elementary School “DANCE KINE” an after school dance program and show off their stylin’ moves from 6:00 to 6:45pm. The delightful Josh will be playing his acoustic guitar to the rhythms of old school to new school hits at 7pm.
- The Get Up and Dance troupe will be boogying down with their entertaining street line dancing at the top of Baldwin Avenue. Join in the fun and get your moves on!
KOMODA BAKERY KEIKI ZONE: Not just for kids! We are excited to continue our Komoda keiki zone this month featuring the MAUI SPIDER JUMP! Hop on the spider jump for an extra-ordinary, exhilarating and unique experience!
- Melissa Buck of Rainbow Art and her one-of-a-kind creative face painting, Crystalline with her fantastic balloon twisting creations, hula hooping and lots fo big and tiny bubbles!
NEW TO THE BLOCK PARTY: Live music is happening on the street at the Makawao Steak House, and their Pop-Up tent will be serving some yummy burgers and tater tots.
- Habibi’s is celebrating their grand opening, with discounts for grads and their families, featuring Maui Belly Groove, belly dancers.
- Sip Me will have outside bistro style seating available and serving up “Affogato-bout it” which is a tasty moist brownie topped with Gelato from Ono Gelato, with espresso shot will be sure to keep you dancing all night.
MORE EXCITING HIGHLIGHTS: Maui Classic Cruisers Club will be showing off their hot rods, muscle cars, and vintage machines by Baldwin Avenue and Brewer Road. Guests can talk story with some of Maui’s coolest car owners.
SILENT AUCTIONS AND STORE SPECIALS: Maui Hands Art Gallery presents their featured Resident artist this month: Folau Tupou. Folau was born on Oahu who learned the art of tiki carving from his Uncle Lavaka, a wood carver and canoe builder famous throughout Hawaii and the South Pacific. Meet the artist and watch him carry on the family tradition of wood carving.
M3F FOOD COURT & RESTAURANTS: Guests may join us for dinner at one of our many award winning Makawao Restaurants or enjoy our pop up food court along Baldwin Avenue.
FREE PARKING IS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Makawao Base Yard (Across from St. Joseph’s Church)
- 2 Parking lots on Brewer Road
- Makawao Municipal Parking Lot on Makawao Avenue near the Library is closed this month.
MAHALO TO OUR SPONSORS AND DONORS: A big Mahalo to our official event sponsor, HMSA and to the Office of Economic Development, County of Maui and our merchant donors: Casanova Restaurant, Polli’s Mexican Restaurant, Maui Hands Gallery, Sherri Reeve Gallery, Fleur De Lei, Gecko Trading, Stop Watch.
If you are interested in giving back to your community and participating in an exciting monthly event, please contact us at email@example.com.