- This event has passed.
Spooktacular Rock of Ages ~ Makawao 3rd Friday town party ~~ October 19
October 19 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm UTC-10FREE
Makawao Third Friday Town Party: “Spooktacular Rock of Ages”
Makawao, Maui, Hawaii – Join us Friday, October 19th, 2018 from 6-9 PM in Historic Makawao Town as we celebrate Makawao 3rd Friday with an October Halloween “Spooktacular Makawao” town party and enjoy exciting entertainment, good eats on the street with delicious varieties of food vendors, arts and crafts, and the Komoda Bakery Keiki Zone and Makawao town’s great local shopping and restaurants. M3F is a rain or shine FREE community event with Baldwin Avenue closed from the top of Makawao Avenue to Brewer Street.
*SPECIAL FOR OUR SPOOKTACULAR COSTUMED KEIKI ~~ The first 50 Keiki 10 years and under who are dressed in costume can stop by the Makawao Merchants Information tent in front of Komoda Bakery for FREE gift bag giveaways!
LIVE MUSIC, MAGIC, ENTERTAINMENT & KEIKI ZONEt
- Makawao 3rd Friday welcomes Rosalind Modica’s, Electric Church Maui “Rock of Ages” with their Classic Rock from the Vault ~ powered by Love ~ spectacular rocking and dancing!
- The fantastic fire dancers Travis French with Nicole Casper perform their amazing Luminous Visions in front of the main stage at band break (7:15)
- Not just for the Keiki – World class magician Timothy Wenk puts the WOW in Makawao. Prepare to be dazzled, frazzled and mind-boggled.
- Maui’s well-known and beloved Bryan Debris performing in the Maui Hands lot, across from Casanova Restaurant.
- Maui Fridays favorite Get Up and Dance, a Maui line dance group will have you dancing like nobody’s watching!
- Crystalline with her fantastic balloon twisting creations charm and dazzle and keep us coming back for more!
- Melissa Buck of Rainbow Art and her one-of-a-kind creative face painting
- The popular Maui Spider Jump! Hop on for an exhilarating, and unique experience!
- Kids adore the Hawaii Dino’s life like T-Rex experience in the Keiki Zone.
- Shelly Tiss of Maui Da lux Face painting gives her unique creations for our delighted Keiki
- Next to Gecko Boutique, you won’t want to miss “Joyous Evolution” and their inspirational songs with guitar, congas and flute accompanying Sandia’s vocals.
CONTINUING DOWN BALDWIN AVE
- The wonderful Maui Classic Cruisers Club will be showing off their hot rods, muscle cars, and vintage machines at the top of Baldwin Avenue to the bottom by Brewer Road. Guests can talk story with some of Maui’s coolest car owners, aunties, uncles and Makawao historians. Such a treasure for all!
- Come & visit our MMA & M3F information tent at the top of Baldwin Avenue with the keiki costume gift giveaway this month. The info tent is a place where friendly volunteers can answer questions, you can view our vendor map, it’s for lost & found, and purchase our awesome Makawao Town t-shirts and totes.
M3F FOOD COURT & RESTAURANTS:
Guests may join us for dinner at one of our many award-winning Makawao Restaurants or enjoy our pop-up food court along Baldwin Avenue. Lots of new vendors are joining our regular M3Fs adding a variety of great eats and treats.
MAHALO TO OUR DONORS AND SPONSORS:
A big Mahalo to the Office of Economic Development, County of Maui, Maui Visitors Bureau and HMSA. Makawao Merchants Association is grateful for the Makawao Merchants who continue to support our M3F community event. If you are interested in giving back to your community and participating in an exciting monthly event, please visit www.makawaomerchants.org to discover sponsorship opportunities and to donate.
MAHALO TO OUR “RAISE A TENT CAMPAIGN” SPONSORS https://www.gofundme.com/RaiseM3FTent
Janet, Peter & Shawn Naramore of Antique Boutique; John Eckhart of Maui Master Jewelers; HMSA; Georgianna Tamayose of Island Sotheby’s; Giovanni Cappelli of Casanova Restaurant; Sunny Jordan; Scott Pendergast; and Jennie Spenser of Collections Maui.
MAHALO TO OUR STAGE DONOR:
Sherri Reeve Gallery & Gifts
(Entertainment and activities subject to change without notice. Event cancellation only in prohibitive weather conditions)
M3F: EVENT ITINERARY
MAIN STAGE (located next to Rodeo General Store)
- Rosalind Modica, Electric Church
- Travis French with Nicole Casper, Luminous Visions fire dance (7:15 – 7:35)
TOP OF MAKAWAO AVE & BALDWIN AVE
- Get up and Dance line dancing
- M3F Information Booth – Keiki costume giveaway
- Keiki Zone
- Magician, Timothy Wenk
BALDWIN AVENUE to BREWER ROAD
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club
MAUI HANDS GALLERY LOT (located across Casanova)
- Bryan Debris and friends
- Soulful Evolution
FREE PARKING IS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Makawao Municipal Parking Lot on Makawao Avenue (next to library)
- Makawao Base yard (Across from St. Joseph’s Church)
- 2 Parking lots on Brewer Road