- This event has passed.
Makawao 3rd Friday, June 15, 2018 “Rodeo Kick Off” town party
June 15 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm UTC-10
Makawao Third Friday Town Party: “Rodeo Kick Off”
Makawao, Maui, Hawaii — Join Makawao 3rd Friday town party, June 15th from 6-9 PM in Historic Makawao Town that giddy up and hoe into our theme of “Rodeo Kick Off”. Baldwin Avenue is closed from the top of Makawao Avenue down to Brewer Street, where guests joining our M3F block party may enjoy exciting entertainment, good eats on the street with lots of food trucks, arts and crafts, and the Komoda Bakery Keiki Zone delighting kids young and old. With plenty of great local shopping and restaurants, this rain or shine FREE community event is a great time for everyone!
LIVE MUSIC, MAGIC, ENTERTAINMENT & KOMODA BAKERY LOT “KEIKI ZONE”
Makawao 3rd Friday welcomes The Haiku Hillbillys! An island treasure and M3F favorite, will perform on our main stage (next to Rodeo General store) and will have your toes tappin’ and boots stompin’ with their unique brand of ‘Funky Groovin’ Poetic Folk music featuring Rand Coon, Kerry Sofaly, and the amazing Randall Rospond.
- One of the oldest events in rodeo history, Maui Roping Club will be swinging it up with roping demonstrations where participants can try their hand with the practice steer dummy.
- Our favorite acoustic guitarist and M3F relic Josh, will be playing to the rhythms of old school, to new school hits, in the Maui Hands lot across from Casanova’s on Makawao Avenue.
- Musical fun with Jamy Woodbury performing on the Sherri Reeve lanai
- You won’t want to miss the delightful Pearl Rose, entertainer, and performer with her incredibly diverse repertoire of karaoke music, on the front porch of the Antique Boutique.
KOMODA BAKERY LOT “KEIKI ZONE”
- Famous Magician, Timothy Wenk will once again boggle your imagination. See him read minds, predict the future, swallow live goldfish (well maybe not that). See him performing feats of prestidigitation and sleight of hand in front of the Komoda parking lot Keiki zone!
- Not just for kids! We are excited to continue our Komoda keiki zone this month with the Maui Spider Jump! Hop on for an extra-ordinary, exhilarating and unique experience!
- More for the Keiki — Crystalline with her fantastic balloon twisting creations, Melissa Buck of Rainbow Art and her one-of-a-kind creative face painting, also some hula hooping and lots of big and tiny bubbles for big and tiny people!
CONTINUING DOWN BALDWIN AVE
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club will be showing off their hot rods, muscle cars, and vintage machines at the top of Baldwin Avenue to the bottom by Brewer Road. Guests can talk story with some of Maui’s coolest car owners, aunties, uncles and Makawao historians.
- Come & visit our MMA & M3F information booth at the top of Baldwin Avenue. With volunteer coordinator Lynne, who invites participants to take a short survey for a chance to win our “Mahalo Makawao Tote Bag” filled with goodies from our generous contributing Makawao merchants. It’s a place where friendly volunteers can answer questions, view our vendor map, lost & found, and purchase our awesome Makawao Town t-shirts and totes.
M3F FOOD COURT & RESTAURANTS:
Guests may join us for dinner at one of our many award winning Makawao Restaurants or enjoy our pop-up food court along Baldwin Avenue. Lots of new vendors are joining our regular M3Fs adding a variety of great eats and treats.
MAHALO TO OUR “RAISE A TENT CAMPAIGN” SPONSORS https://www.gofundme.com/RaiseM3FTent
Janet, Peter & Shawn Naramore of Antique Boutique; John Eckhart, of Maui Master Jewelers; HMSA; Georgianna Tamayose of Island Sotheby’s; Giovanni Cappelli of Casanova Restaurant & Deli; Sunny Jordan; Scott Pendergast; and Jennie Spenser of Collections Maui.
MAHALO TO OUR DONORS AND SPONSORS:
A big Mahalo to the Office of Economic Development, County of Maui, and HMSA. Makawao Merchants Association is grateful for the Makawao Merchants who continue to support their M3F community event. If you are interested in giving back to your community and participating in an exciting monthly event, please visit www.makawaomerchants.org to discover sponsorship opportunities and to donate.
M3F: EVENT ITINERARY
MAIN STAGE (located next to Rodeo General Store)
- Haiku Hillbillys
TOP OF MAKAWAO AVE & BALDWIN AVE
- Maui Roping Club
- M3F Information Booth
- Keiki Zone
BALDWIN AVENUE to BREWER ROAD
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club
SHERRI REEVE GALLERY
- Jamy Woodbury
MAUI HANDS GALLERY LOT (located across Casanova)
- Acoustic, Josh
- Pearl Rose
FREE PARKING IS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Makawao Municipal Parking Lot on Makawao Avenue (next to library)
- Makawao Base yard (Across from St. Joseph’s Church)
- 2 Parking lots on Brewer Road