- This event has passed.
Makawao 3rd Friday, March 16 ~~ Celtic Equinox
March 16 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm UTC-10FREE
Makawao 3rd Friday “Celtic Equinox”
Makawao, Maui, Hawaii — Join us Friday, March 16, from 6-9 PM in Historic Makawao Town, celebrating the “Celtic Equinox”, midpoint between Autumn Equinox and Winter Solstice joining St. Paddy’s Day, with an upcountry tribal gathering to honor the changing seasons and another Maui Town Party
Baldwin Avenue is closed from the top of Makawao Avenue down to Brewer Street, where guests joining our M3F street party can enjoy wonderful entertainment, good eats on the street with lots of food trucks, vendor booths, arts and crafts, and the Komoda (Bakery) Keiki Zone, highlighting interactive activities for the keiki (kids) and whole family. With plenty of great local shopping and restaurants, this rain or shine FREE community event is a great time for everyone!
LIVE MUSIC, ENTERTAINMENT, AND FUN THINGS TO DO:
Makawao Third Friday welcomes “Kaina Kountry” to our main stage next to Rodeo General Store. Where Upcountry meets country, jam to their powerful vocal stylings of country and western music, rock & roll, ballads, and Hawaiian favorites. 6:00-8:45 PM.
- Fire Dancers extraordinaire, Travis French with Nicole Casper “Exhibition of Tales of Fire” in front of the mainstage during band break, 7:15 – 7:35.
- Sherri Reeves/Tiger Eye Salon will host a stage for visiting artist Will Evans, with his unique, energizing, and entertaining acoustic style performance. 7-8:30 PM
- The Get Up and Dance Troupe will be boogying down with their entertaining street line dancing. Join in the fun and get your moves on! Top of Baldwin and Makawao Avenue.
- Our favorite acoustic guitarist and M3F all-timer Josh, will be playing to the rhythms of old school, to new school hits in the Maui Hands lot across from Casanova’s on Makawao Avenue.
- The Gecko Trading Company Boutique will host Earl Love, retro futuristic, good time family friendly music.
KOMODA BAKERY KEIKI ZONE:
- M3F all-time favorite, Magician, Timothy Wenk, European style street performer, has entertained 5 times at the White House – will wow with his sleight of hand remarkable magic act, Keiki Zone.
- Crystalline with her fantastic balloon twisting creations, Melissa Buck of Rainbow Art and her one-of-a-kind creative face painting, also some hula hooping and lots of big and tiny bubbles for big and tiny people!
CONTINUING DOWN BALDWIN AVE:
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club will be showing off their hot rods, muscle cars, and vintage machines at the top of Baldwin Avenue to the bottom by Brewer Road. Guests can talk story with some of Maui’s coolest car owners, aunties, uncles and Makawao historians.
- Come & visit our new MMA & M3F information booth in front of Sherri Reeves Gallery. It’s a place where friendly volunteers can answer visitor’s questions, lost & found, and our awesome Makawao Town t-shirts and totes are available for sale.
NEW ON THE BLOCK
In keeping a local tradition since 1926 of spreading the word of new Ohana, Makawao Merchants Association welcomes our newest merchant members. Stop by and give them a warm howdy.
- Jennie Hablewitz of Cultural Creations Maui, a unique gallery of contemporary and cultural art, and fine island crafts at, 3660 Baldwin Ave.
- Jennifer Oberg, Atelier, located at 3660 Baldwin Avenue, 2nd floor, is a dressmaking and sewing studio that offers a variety of services from custom wedding gowns, bridal alteration and tailoring, and a sewing school.
- Holoholo Surf, 3621 Baldwin Avenue, a surf cruise shop offering swim and aloha wear along with some specialty local board shapers and artists.
WELCOME NEW BOARD MEMBERS
Makawao Merchants Association, is pleased to announce new Board of Directors, Tina Fein of Gecko Trading Company Boutique (VP), Carissa Holley, (secretary) of Blue Zones Project, and volunteer coordinator, Lynn Donaldson. We are delighted to have them join our team.
M3F FOOD COURT & RESTAURANTS:
Guests may join us for dinner at one of our many award-winning Makawao Restaurants or enjoy our pop-up food court along Baldwin Avenue. Lots of new vendors are joining our regular M3Fs adding a variety of great eats and treats.
MAHALO TO OUR DONORS AND SPONSORS:
It’s easy to help with a donation or become a sponsor and enjoy the benefits of the thousands of guests and visitors of Makawao Third Friday see your logo banner on our tent. M3F “Raise A Tent Campaign” GoFundMe https://www.gofundme.com/RaiseM3FTent . We are ½ way to our goal! Mahalo Nui Loa, to all our tent sponsors thus far: HMSA; John Eckhart of Maui Master Jewelers; Jennie Spenser of Collections; Giovanni Cappelli of Casanova’s; Georgianna Tamayose of Island Sotheby’s Realty; Sunny Jordan; and Scott Pendergast. A big Mahalo to the Office of Economic Development, County of Maui, and for the Makawao Merchants who continue to support their M3F community event.
Come and join us to dance, eat, play with the keiki, meet old friends, make new friends, create great memories, and have a fabulous time!If you are interested in giving back to your community and participating in an exciting monthly event, please visit www.makawaomerchants.org to discover sponsorship opportunities and to donate.
M3F: EVENT ITINERARY
MAIN STAGE (located next to Rodeo General Store)
- Kaina Kountry
- Exhibition of Tales of Fire (during band break)
OF MAKAWAO AVE & BALDWIN AVE
- Get Up & Dance
KOMODA KEIKI ZONE
- Magician Timothy Wenk
BALDWIN AVENUE to BREWER ROAD
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club
TIGER EYE LANAI
- Will Evans
SHERRI REEVE GALLERY
- Info booth, and “Raise A Tent Campaign”
MAUI HANDS GALLERY LOT
- Acoustic musician Josh
- Earl Love
FREE PARKING IS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Makawao Municipal Parking Lot on Makawao Avenue (next to library)
- Makawao Base yard (Across from St. Joseph’s Church)
- 2 Parking lots on Brewer Road