Join us Friday, September 15, 2017 from 6-9pm in Historic Makawao Town as we celebrate with the theme “Swing into September” with Baldwin Avenue closed from the top of Makawao Avenue down to Brewer Street. Guests joining our M3F block party can enjoy free entertainment, food trucks and booths, arts and crafts, the Keiki Zone with magic, fire dancing, and plenty of great local shopping and restaurants. This is a rain or shine FREE community event.
LIVE MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT:
- MMA is excited to welcome Rick Martinelli and Maui Blues & Company to our main stage, next to Rodeo General Store, energizing us with Chicago style blues and swing music for your dancing pleasure.
- Maui Taiko Drummers – drumming artistry for the soul, at the top of Baldwin and Makawao, 7:00 to 7:30.
- Magician Timothy Wenk – European style street performer, has entertained 5 times at the White House, who will wow with his sleight of hand remarkable magic act.
- Fire Dancer extraordinaire, Travis French’s, Exhibition of Tales of Fire, will perform at the main stage during band break at 7PM.
- The Get Up and Dance Tro.pe will be boogying down with their entertaining street line dancing. You are welcome to join in the fun and get your moves on!
- James Junior and the Aces, with more blues style music, will be across the Sip Me bistro and their delectable offerings!
- Acoustic guitarist and favorite, Josh, in the Maui Hands lot on Makawao Ave.
KOMODA BAKERY KEIKI ZONE:
- Not just for kids! We are excited to continue our Komoda Keiki Zone this month featuring the MAUI SPIDER JUMP! Hop on the spider jump for an extra-ordinary, exhilarating and unique experience!
- Crystalline with her fantastic balloon twisting creations, Melissa Buck of Rainbow Art and her one-of-a-kind creative face painting and more.
NEW FOR YOU:
- Come & visit our new MMA & M3F information booth in front of Sherri Reeves Gallery. It’s a place where friendly volunteers can answer visitors questions, lost & found, and our new awesome Makawao Town t-shirts will be available for sale.
- Maui Hands, artist in residence at M3F, Amanda Scott has been a dedicated artist for over ten years. Her muse is usually the female figure, which she renders beautifully in a variety of ethnic contexts, primarily Polynesian. Stop in and marvel at her beautiful works and offer a warm welcome.
CONTINUING DOWN BALDWIN AVE.:
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club will be showing off their hot rods, muscle cars, and vintage machines at the top of Baldwin Avenue and bottom by Brewer Road. Guests can talk story with some of Maui’s coolest car owners.
- Sip Me offering bistro seating and “Affogato-bout it”, a tasty moist brownie topped with Gelato from Ono Gelato, with an espresso shot, will be sure to keep you dancing all night.
- James Junior and the Aces will be rendering their blues tunes located across from the Sip Me bistro.
M3F FOOD COURT & RESTAURANTS: Guests may join us for dinner at one of our many award winning Makawao Restaurants or enjoy our pop up food court along Baldwin Avenue. Lots of new vendors are joining our regulars adding a variety of great eats and treats.
Come upcountry Makawao Maui — dance, eat, play with the keiki, meet old friends, make new friends, create great memories and have a fabulous time!!
MAHALO TO OUR DONORS AND SPONSORS: A big Mahalo to our official event sponsor, HMSA and to the Office of Economic Development, County of Maui. And always, grateful for the Makawao Merchants who continue to support and uplift M3F community event.
If you are interested in giving back to your community and participating in an exciting monthly event, please contact us at www.makawaomerchants.org.
M3F: Event Itinerary
MAIN STAGE (located next to Rodeo General Store)
- Maui Blues & Company
- Travis French, fire dance performance
MAUI HANDS GALLERY LOT (located across Casanova’s)
CORNER OF MAKAWAO AVE & BALDWIN AVE
- Maui Taiko Drummers
- Get Up & Dance Troupe
KOMODA KEIKI ZONE PARKING LOT
- Maui Spider Jump & Keiki activities
- Magician, Timothy Wenk
SHERRI REEVES GALLERY
- MMA & M3F Information Booth
- Bistro seating
- James Junior and the Aces
BALDWIN AVENUE / BREWER ROAD
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club
FREE PARKING IS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Makawao Base Yard (Across from St. Joseph’s Church)
- 2 Parking lots on Brewer Road
- Makawao Municipal Parking Lot on Makawao Avenue
PAID PARKING AT MAKAWAO HONGWANJI ~~ $5