- This event has passed.
Hauʻoli Lā Honua ~~ Happy Earth Day
April 20 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm UTC-10Free
Makawao Third Friday Town Party: Hauʻoli Lā Honua ~~ Happy Earth Day
Makawao, Maui, Hawaii — Join us Friday, February 16, from 6-9 PM in Historic Makawao Town. From spring equinox to celebrating the Maui Aina, Hauʻoli Lā Honua ~~ Happy Earth Day. Baldwin Avenue is closed from the top of Makawao Avenue down to Brewer Street, where guests joining our M3F block party can enjoy wonderful entertainment, good eats on the street with lots of food trucks, vendor booths, arts and crafts, and the Komoda Keiki Zone this month highlighting Maui’s nonprofit environmental organizations. With plenty of great local shopping and restaurants, this rain or shine FREE community event is a great time for everyone!
For this month’s special celebration, Makawao Merchants Association hosts a “Free Green Zone” inviting non-profit green initiatives to share the mission and message under the green tent in the Komoda Bakery lot. You may visit; Maui Sierra Club; Maui Bird Conservation Center; Maui Tomorrow; HFUU – Hawaii Farmers Union United; Maui Hulilau Foundation; Maui Nui Seabird Project and The Story Connective.
LIVE MUSIC, MAGIC, ENTERTAINMENT, & FUN THINGS TO DO:
- M3F welcomes Teri Garrison and Friends to our main stage next to Rodeo General store. Teri is a longtime resident of Maui, having sung at Farm-Aid and festivals all over the world and touring with the likes of Leon Russell, Leo Kottke, Peter Rowan, Etta James, Willie Nelson (the list is too long). On M3F stage performing with her band, Steve Sommers, Phillip Swatek, Pete Atkins and special guests with an unforgettable experience of Hawai’i Ne — it’s people, it’s music, it’s aloha.
- World renown magician Timothy Wenk ~~ Keiki young and old will be dazzled when they experience the wonders of Wenk. Cards, flowers and rope tricks await the kids and a lucky few will be able to assist in the show.
- Our favorite acoustic guitarist and M3F all-timer Josh will be playing to the rhythms of old school, to new school hits in the Maui Hands lot across from Casanova’s on Makawao Avenue.
- Artist in residence, silversmith and fine art oil painter Jack Hamilton will be demonstrating his oil paint techniques at the Maui Hands Gallery, 5 – 8 PM.
- Unplugged funk with the colorful Jamy Would, on the lanai of Sherri Reeve Gallery.
- You won’t want to miss the delightful Pearl Rose, entertainer and performer with her diverse repertoire of music, on the lanai of Antique Boutique.
KOMODA BAKERY LOT EARTH DAY GREEN ZONE: We are excited to host Maui’s nonprofit environmental organizations sharing their important messages identifying key issues and advance conservation efforts.
- Sierra Club Maui Group has been protecting and preserving Maui’s beautiful environment for over 40 years.
- Maui Bird Conservation Center; Preventing extinction and promoting conservation of Hawai’i’s most threatened native birds.
- Maui Tomorrow; for nearly two decades Maui Tomorrow Foundation has worked in partnership with many community groups on issues vital to Maui’s quality of life.
- Hawaii Farmers Union United; empowering family farmers.
- Maui Hulilau Foundation — Green Events; programs for reducing waste at public events while supporting environmental education for Maui’s youth.
- The Story Connective; creating and sharing inspiring stories of resilience, of people and projects that are pioneering a healthier and more harmonious future for all.
CONTINUING DOWN BALDWIN AVE:
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club will be showing off their hot rods, muscle cars, and vintage machines at the top of Baldwin Avenue to the bottom by Brewer Road. Guests can talk story with some of Maui’s coolest car owners, aunties, uncles, and Makawao historians.
- Come & visit our MMA & M3F information booth at the top of Baldwin Avenue. It’s a place where friendly volunteers can answer visitor’s questions, view our vendor map, lost & found, contribute to our Raise a Tent campaign, and purchase our awesome Makawao Town t-shirts and totes.
- More for the keiki — Crystalline with her fantastic balloon twisting creations, and Melissa Buck of Rainbow Chameleon Art creating her one-of-a-kind artistic face paintings.
M3F FOOD COURT & RESTAURANTS: Guests may join us for dinner at one of our many award-winning Makawao Restaurants or enjoy our pop-up food court along Baldwin Avenue. Lots of new vendors are joining our regular M3Fs adding a variety of great eats and treats. Come and join us to dance, eat, play with the Keiki, meet old friends, make new friends, create great memories, and have a fabulous time!
MAHALO TO OUR “RAISE A TENT CAMPAIGN” SPONSORS: Janet, Peter & Shawn Naramore of Antique Boutique; John Eckhart, of Maui Master Jewelers; HMSA; Georgianna Tamayose of Island Sotheby’s; Giovanni Cappelli of Casanova Restaurant & Deli; Sunny Jordan; Scott Pendergast; and Jennie Spenser of Collections Maui. https://www.gofundme.com/RaiseM3FTent
MAHALO TO OUR DONORS AND SPONSORS: A big Mahalo to the Office of Economic Development, County of Maui, and HMSA. Makawao Merchants Association is grateful for the Makawao Merchants who continue to support their M3F community event. If you are interested in giving back to your community and participating in an exciting monthly event, please visit www.makawaomerchants.org to discover sponsorship opportunities and to donate.
M3F: EVENT ITINERARY
MAIN STAGE (located next to Rodeo General Store)
- Teri Garrison & Friends
TOP OF MAKAWAO AVE & BALDWIN AVE
- M3F Information Booth
- Get Up & Dance Troupe
- Magician Timothy Wenk
KOMODA EARTH DAY GREEN ZONE
- Sierra Club
- Maui Bird Conservation Center
- Maui Tomorrow
- HFUU – Hawaii Farmers Union United
- Maui Hulilau Foundation — Green Events
- The Story Connective
BALDWIN AVENUE to BREWER ROAD
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club
SHERRI REEVE GALLERY
- Jamy Would
MAUI HANDS GALLERY LOT (located across Casanova’s)
- Acoustic musician Josh
- Pearl Rose
FREE PARKING IS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Makawao Municipal Parking Lot on Makawao Avenue (next to library)
- Makawao Baseyard (Across from St. Joseph’s Church)
- 2 Parking lots on Brewer Road