- This event has passed.
M3F: January Jam
January 19 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm HSTFREE
Join us Friday, January 19, 2018 from 6-9 PM in Historic Makawao Town as we celebrate with the theme “A Makawao January Jam” featuring the The Eazy on the main stage, 6 – 8:45 pm. Baldwin Avenue is closed from the top of Makawao Avenue down to Brewer Street beginning 5:15 pm. Guests joining our M3F block party can enjoy wonderful entertainment, food trucks and and vendor booths, arts and crafts, the Komoda Keiki Zone has interactive kids activities with the Da Bounce Mega Mod jumping castle. With plenty of great local shopping and restaurants, this rain or shine FREE community event is a great time for everyone!
LIVE MUSIC, ENTERTAINMENT, AND FUN THINGS TO DO:
- MMA welcomes The Eazy to our main stage next to Rodeo General Store, rockin’ heavy island swinging Ska — stay island, stay Eazy.
- Canadian singer songwriter Marianne Turner accompanied by a vintage Yamaha G-50 classical guitar. MT is a soulfully unique voice with a home grown rhythmic style and songs replete in lyric and imagery — in the Sip Me in the courtyard. Sip Me will host an outdoor bistro seating.
- Our favorite acoustic guitarist and M3F all-timer, Josh will be playing his acoustic guitar to the rhythms of old school to new school hits in the Maui Hands lot across from Casanova’s on Makawao Avenue.
- Get your grooves on with Calvin’s GET UP AND DANCE group at the top of Baldwin Avenue.
- Silversmith and fine art oil painter Jack Hamilton will be demonstrating his oil paint techniques at the Maui Hands Gallery during our M3F town party.
KOMODA BAKERY KEIKI ZONE:
- Not just for kids! We are excited to continue our Komoda keiki zone this month including the Da Bounce Mega Mod jumping castle and slide. Hop on the for happy, fun times!
- Crystalline with her fantastic balloon twisting creations, Melissa Buck of Rainbow Art and her one-of-a-kind creative face painting, the Boys and Girl Club with interactive activities, and JT will be present his Paintings that Pop, henna art for kids and adults, and will have a children’s art corner.
CONTINUING DOWN BALDWIN AVE:
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club will be showing off their hot rods, muscle cars, and vintage machines at the top of Baldwin Avenue to the bottom by Brewer Road. Guests can talk story with some of Maui’s coolest car owners, aunties, uncles and Makawao historians.
- Come & visit our new MMA & M3F information booth in front of Sherri Reeves
Gallery. It’s a place where friendly volunteers can answer visitors questions, lost & found, and our new awesome Makawao Town t-shirts and totes are available for sale.
M3F FOOD COURT & RESTAURANTS: Guests may join us for dinner at one of our many award winning Makawao Restaurants or enjoy our pop up food court along Baldwin Avenue. Lots of new vendors are joining our regular M3Fs adding a variety of great eats and treats.
Come and join us to dance, eat, play with the keiki, meet old friends, make new friends, create great memories and have a fabulous time!
MAHALO TO OUR DONORS AND SPONSORS: A big Mahalo to the Office of Economic Development, County of Maui, and HMSA. MMA is grateful for the Makawao Merchants who continue to support their M3F community event.
If you are interested in giving back to your community and participating in an exciting monthly event, please visit www.makawaomerchants.org.
M3F: EVENT ITINERARY
MAIN STAGE (located next to Rodeo General Store)
- The Eazy
MAUI HANDS GALLERY LOT (located across Casanova’s)
- Acoustic Josh
TOP OF MAKAWAO AVE & BALDWIN AVE
- Get Up and Dance
KOMODA KEIKI ZONE
- Da Bounce Mega Mod
BALDWIN AVENUE to BREWER ROAD
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club
SIP ME COURTYARD
- Marianne Turner
FREE PARKING IS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Makawao Baseyard (Across from St. Joseph’s Church)
- 2 Parking lots on Brewer Road
- Makawao Municipal Parking Lot on Makawao Avenue